With the new release of the Russian language support for the Notification Server, how is it added after the Notification Server software is already installed and running?
Download the file attached to this article, NSCore_Russian.zip (click on the link to the right).
- Notification Server 6.0.6074
There are two methods for installation:
- Automated Script: Use the Install.cmd located in the root of the extracted folder for an automated installation of the update. This runs the installation automatically and requires no user intervention.
- Manual installation. For a manual installation, disregard the Install.cmd, registryaccesser.exe, and GACinstaller.exe files and follow the manual installation instructions below.
- Extract the file to a temp folder on the Notification Server computer.
- In the extracted ZIP file, there are two folders with files that need to be installed.
- The DLLs folder contains two subfolders containing DLLs called Normal and GAC.
- Under the Normal folder there are three folders that contain DLLs. They need to be copied into the following folders. (The "ru" folders will need to be manually created.)
- Copy the dll files from the Normal\ru\HD folder into "C:\Program Files\Altiris\Helpdesk\AeXHD\bin\ru\"
- Copy the dll files from the Normal\ru\NS folder into "C:\Program Files\Altiris\Notification Server\bin\ru\"
- Copy the dll files from the Normal\ru\Resource folder to "C:\Program Files\Altiris\Resource\bin\ru\"
- The eight .dll files in the GAC folder need to be added to the Global Assembly Cache (GAC). On a Windows 2003 server, this is done by clicking Start > Settings > Control Panel Administrative Tools > Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1 Configuration.
- Under tasks on the right-hand pane of the window, select Manage the Assembly Cache.
- Under tasks on the right-hand pane of the window, select View List of the Assemblies in the Assembly Cache.
- Make sure that the Assembly Cache is selected or highlighted in the left pane then choose the Action menu item and select Add. Browse to the location of the .dll files in the GAC folder from the extracted files. Select one of the .dll files and click Open. Do this for each of the eight .dll files in the GAC folder.
- Within the extracted config folder, there are three folders that contain config files that need to be copied into the folders specified below.
- Copy the files from the Config\HD folder to "%ProgramFiles%\Altiris\Helpdesk\Config\AlertManager\"
- Copy the files from the Config\NS folder to "%ProgramFiles%\Altiris\Notification Server\Config\"
- Copy the files from the Config\Resource folder to "%Program Files%\Altiris\Resource\"
- Import Configs into database:
- Open a command window, which can be done by clicking Start Run and typing "cmd" and hitting "Enter".
- Using DOS commands, navigate to the "bin" folder in the NS Installation folder.
- Here is an example:
cd c:\Program files\Altiris\Notification Server\Bin
The path can vary if the Notification Server was installed to a different drive.
- Once in the bin folder, enter the following commands. (If the directory you noted from above is different, modify the commands to point to the correct path or drive. The quotes are necessary because the paths have spaces in them.)
- AeXConfig /configure "%ProgramFiles%\Altiris\Helpdesk\Config\AlertManager\AlertManagerRussian.config"
- AeXConfig /configure "%ProgramFiles%\Altiris\Notification Server\Config\CoreSolutionRussian.config"
- AeXConfig /configure AeXConfig /configure "%ProgramFiles%\Altiris\Resource\ResourceMgmtRussian.config"
This will populate the database but has no display while it runs. You will know it is finished when it comes back to the command prompt. When all three commands have been run and it goes back to the prompt again, close the command window.
Now open the console in Russian, and it should show the expected translations.