Occasionally during troubleshooting, a customer will be asked to change a Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) installation to include only "Core Files". Core Files installs only required files for all SEP features and subfeatures. If testing with this configuration, please ensure that the settings are restored to include the previous components after the test is concluded, as this configuration does not provide any protection.
- Select "Start", then "Run".
- Type "appwiz.cpl" and press "Enter".
Note: Alternately this can be accessed through Add or Remove Programs (or Programs and Features, depending on your operating system).
- Highlight the entry for "Symantec Endpoint Protection", and select "Change".
- On the next screen, select "Modify".
- Modify all components except "Core Files" to "Entire feature will be unavailable" (see screen shot).
- Restart the computer.