How do I prevent a file from installing if the file already exists on the destination computer?
Do the following:
- Add the file to your package.
- Go to the Setup Editor and select the Tables tab. Find the file in the Files Table and make note of the component name in the Component column.
- Select the Components tab and right-click on the component name.
- Select Details; the Component Details dialog appears.
- Mark the checkbox option to "Never overwrite if keypath exists." In addition, make sure that the file is the keypath of the Component in the File Key Path field.
- Click OK.