How do you change the name (hostname) of the Deployment Server?
- If you are using the Deployment Solution server name in AClient settings to find the Deployment Solution server, change the AClient settings for the new Deployment Solution server name. You can do this globally before making the Deployment Solution server name change by right clicking on All Computers in the Deployment Server console and choosing Change Agent Settings > Production Agent.
- Update the .../Program Files/Altiris/eXpress/Deployment Server/Default.cfg file to reflect the new Deployment Solution server name. Do the same for PXEManager.ini, PXE.ini, and RPC.ini files in the PXE directory. Stop all PXE Services before making changes.
- Rebuild the PXE/BootWorks configurations for the new Deployment Server name.
- If the SQL server is on the same server as Deployment Server it will be necessary to run a SQL query in SQL Query Analyzer to update the internal SQL server setting.
- In Query Analyzer, run the following commands if you are using a SQL server WITHOUT a named Instance:
sp_addserver 'NewServerName', 'local'
If you are using a SQL Server with a named instance, the command is as follows:
- Stop and restart SQL Server to update the global variable @@servername with the correct server name.
- Use SQL Query Analyzer, run the following command to verify the correct server name:
- Whether the SQL server is on the same server as Deployment Server or on another server, run the ODBC utility by going to Administrative Tools > Data Sources (ODBC) > System DSN tab. Highlight the Altiris eXpress Database and click the Configure button. Verify that the third entry for Server is correct for your SQL server before working through the utility. After finishing, click on Test Data Source to confirm an active connection to the SQL server and the Deployment Solution database.