How to upgrade via command line.
- Connect to the IP of the appliance via SSH (using PUTTY).
- Download the latest build. (or the next gated release)
- Start the install.
- Verify new installation.
Connect to the IP of the appliance via SSH (for example, PUTTY)
- Connect to the inbound IP of the appliance using SSH (port 22) and login as "admin".
Download the latest build
- Run the command “update download". (NOTE: the update may take an hour or more)
Alternatively download a specific build
- Run the command “update -v 10.7.4-13 download". (NOTE: Replace 10.7.4-13 with the version you want to download)
Start the install
- Run the command “update install” (NOTE: the upgrade may take some time, the larger the database, the longer it takes)
Alternatively install a specific build
- Run the command “update -v 10.7.4-13 install". (NOTE: Replace 10.7.4-13 with the version you want to download)
- The Appliance will reboot automatically when the upgrade finishes.
Verify new installation
- Login the Control Center and make sure everything is available and working. Verify that email is flowing through the server.
- Run the command, "update list" to verify the new version is installed.
- To ensure you are on the latest version, check to make sure there isn't a newer version in the list than the installed version.