Customer opened SIM and it prompted with a popup window referring to a new version of SIM is available. You have some options like 'Update Now', 'Remind me in 1 day', etc. Selecting anything else besides 'Update Now' will defer SIM to install the new version.
However, if in the case you need to upgrade SIM, how you can make SIM to ignore the previously selected option and prompt you to install the new version?
SIM has a registry key that keeps track when it will be displayed again.
1. Open Regedit
2. Go to 'HKLM>Software>Altiris>AIM>Configuration>ProductListings'
3. Under 'Current', take note of the value on it. By default it is 0, which means Product Listing '0' is in use (if you are using a different Product Listing than the default one, you may have other value like 1 and so on).
4. Under 'ProductListings' you should have a folder with the respective number as the 'Current' regkey mentioned above. Click on it.
5. Look for the regkey called 'NextPlUpdateTime' and change the value to the current date.
6. Close and reopen SIM. Now you should be prompted again to upgrade SIM.