You have installed one or more Symantec Endpoint Protection client(s) and would like to change the installed features. For example, you want to only have virus and spyware protection on high-throughput servers instead of full protection.
To modify installed the features for a Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.x client, you must either modify the install on an individual system in the Windows Control Panel, or modify multiple computers with a client feature set using AutoUpgrade.
To modify the installed feature set on a single client:
- Open the Windows Control Panel and click Add or Remove Programs (or Programs and Features).
- Click Symantec Endpoint Protection, and then click Change.
- Click Modify, and then click Next.
- Make the changes you want to make to the feature sets, and then click Next.
- After the install completes, you may need to restart the computer to complete the installation changes.
To modify the installed feature set on multiple clients:
- Log on to Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager.
- Click Admin > Install Packages > Client Install Feature Set > Add Client Install Feature Set.
- Put in a name (and description) and choose the features you want to install.
- Click OK to save the new settings file.
Then, to modify the clients:
- While logged on to Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager, click Clients, click the desired client group, and then click Install Packages.
- If an Install package is currently assigned, under Tasks, click Edit Client Install Package. Otherwise, click Add a Client Install Package.
- Uncheck the maintain existing features checkbox and select the new client feature install set that you just created.
Note: The client computer may require a restart in order to complete the change.
- You can set an Upgrade Schedule. If you have many clients it is advisable to distribute upgrades over a longer period of time to avoid high bandwidth usage. If you don't set a schedule the clients will upgrade in a short period of time.
- Click OK to close the window.
The clients will be reinstalled with their desired feature sets. Keep in mind again that the systems may need to be restarted before the client can be reinstalled with the desired feature set.