Problems with authentication with Notification Server which may be caused by 'bad' aspnet settings which impact IIS.
Notification Server 6.0
IIS 5.5, IIS 6.0
IIS settings may be incorrect.
Resetting ASP.Net registration for IIS
Note: resetting the asp net settings is quick and won't adversely affect your Notification Server. It often helps correct authentication problems in the Notification Server.
- Close the IIS Admin Service by clicking the Start menu > Control Panel > Administrative Services > Services, right click the IIS Admin Service, and click Stop.
- On the Notification Server computer, open a command window (Run Command).
- Use Windows Explorer to go to C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322 (or equivalent in your environment).
- Select 'aspnet_regiis.exe' and drag it to a command window.
(Note: The aspnet_regiis.exe utility is an administration utility that manages the installation and uninstallation of multiple versions of ASP.NET on a single machine.)
- Add ' -i' parameter after aspnet_regiis.exe (full command is: aspnet_regiis.exe -i ) and press Enter.
(Note: The -i parameter installs this version of ASP.NET and updates scriptmaps at the IIS metabase root and for all scriptmaps below the root. Existing scriptmaps of lower versions are upgraded to this version.)
- Let the application run.
- When the application is finished, test to see if it fixed the authentication problem.