Where can I manually download the latest public version of the Altiris Diagnostics pack?
Download one of the attached .msi files to install the Altiris Diagnostics Pack (primarily the Altiris Log Viewer and Altiris Profiler) onto a workstation.
The Altiris Diagnostic Pack includes the following:
- Altiris Log Viewer. Note: This can be used remotely from the NS to review NS log files, but won't be able to resolve GUIDs to object names.
- Altiris Profiler
- NS Diagnostic tool (NSDiag.exe)
- Import Export Utility
- The set application identity utility (setid.exe)
- NScript runner
- NS Configurator installation file (NSConfigurator.msi)
- Microsoft .NET 1.1 is required for some of the tools, specifically the Altiris Log Viewer.
- Icons are usually not created after the install, which may appear to have ran and nothing happened. To create a desktop icon of the tools, navigate to C:\Program Files\Altiris\Diagnostics and then create shortcuts of any tools to be used.
- While the Altiris Log Viewer 6 can be used by logs from Symantec Management Platform 7.x, the date/times will be wrong and be instead the date/time of the log files themselves. To resolve this, use the Altiris Log Viewer 7.0 or 7.1, depending on the workstation's operating system bit version (7 for 32-bit, 7.1 for 64-bit).
- Symantec Management Platform 7.x Altiris Diagnostic packs can also be found on the servers, under the C:\Program Files\Altiris\Symantec Installation Manager\Installs\Altiris folder.
Symantec SSE Tools for ITMS
Where can I find log files?
Where does the Altiris Agent write logs for Windows Vista, 7, Server 2008, and later operating systems?