A PGP Viewer for iOS configuration file allows users to enroll with a PGP Universal Server without manually configuring any server settings. To enroll a PGP Viewer will only need to enter a LDAP username and password. An administrator can create a configuration file and then attach it to an email message that the user opens on the apple iOS device.
Note: The configuration file cannot be encrypted. It will not work if it is encrypted. If the configuration file you have is encrypted, contact the person you received it from and ask that a decrypted version be sent to you.
To configure PGP Viewer for iOS using a configuration file:
Make sure you have a decrypted configuration file on your iOS device. It could be named enroll.pgp or something similar.
- Tap and hold the icon for the configuration file on your iOS device.
- Tap Open in "Symantec PGP Viewer for iOS" when it appears.
- On the User License screen, tap Accept.
- On the Instructions screen, tap Setup. The Symantec PGP screen appears with the information from the configuration file in the appropriate fields.
- Enter your LDAP password (the configuration file never includes passwords), then tap Next.
- If the configuration file included proxy server settings, the Proxy Setup screen appears with the proxy server information from the configuration file in the appropriate fields.
- Enter your proxy server password in the Password field, if required, then tap Next.
- If you have a GKM key, you will be prompted to enter the passphrase of the private key on the Authenticating dialog. Enter the appropriate passphrase, then tap Done.
- Tap OK when the Success dialog appears.
- PGP Viewer for iOS is ready for use.