How to Install text license files in Symantec Installation Manager (SIM)?
- Place the license (with the .txt extension) files that you want to install on the Symantec Management Platform (SMP) (Formerly known as Notification Server) server into a folder and note the path.
- Open SIM.
- Click on the blue link "Add/Update licenses".
- Click on the button on the right "Install licenses".
- Browse to the path where the licenses in the SMP Server are located (You may select multiple)
- Click Open.
- You will see a dialogue box confirming the licenses and the amount of seats to be installed.
- Once that dialogue is closed, you can confirm the licenses are installed in the Product licensing screen of SIM.
- If there are any discrepancies with Count or AUP (expiry date) it is recommended to remove all licenses using HOWTO9437 and then apply only the active ones. Use the tool to remove licenses located at \Program Files\Altiris\Notification Server\Bin\Tools\RemoveLicense.
Symantec Installation Manager (SIM) 7.x.x