The Software Update Cycle may be executed by the Maintenance Window alone.
1. The Default Software Update Plug-in Policy must be enabled and the policy must target each client to be updated.
2. Work through one of the following:
3. Configure the reboots as desired for the Software Update Cycle on the Default Software Update Plug-in Policy.
4. Leave the 'Override Maintenance Windows' disabled located near the bottom of the Default Software Update Plug-in Policy.
5. Schedule the Maintenance Window to open when the Software Update Cycle is to execute.
Configuring the Software Update Cycle in this manner will cause the following error to be present in the client logs:
Source: Software Update Agent UI
Description: Empty Schedule Text
Note: This functionality is not best practices, for the Default Software Update Plug-in Policy is the preferred method for executing the Software Update Cycle. This functionality is not present in Patch Management 7.1, for the client will fail to update configuration if the schedule is deleted from the Default Software Update Plug-in Policy.
Review the following relating articles to gain a better understanding of possible conflicts regarding the Software Update Cycle: