I need to change the Notification Server's Application Identity account.
Notification Server 6.0.
Altiris setup using a personal account that requires password changes. I want to use a service account that doesn't require password changes in my network.
- Click Altiris Console > Configuration > Server Settings > Notification Server Settings > Application Identity.
- In the right pane, fill out the User, Password, and Confirm Password fields. Make sure that the account has local administrator rights on the Altiris Notification Server computer and it must be able to log on to the SQL server computer.
- Close the Altiris Console and then open it using using the new credentials.
Sometimes even after adding the new account in the location previously described, you may not get access to the Altiris Console. If you get Access Denied after changing the Application Identity, please try the following:
- On the Notification Server, go to ~:\Program Files\Altiris\Notification server
- Open up the file named 'web.config' in a text editor.
- Edit the section where the line stated (impersonate = "true"). Change the attribute "true" to "false". It should be in lower case.
- Open the Web browser again, and you may get a pop up window with "failed to configure database..." Click OK and apply the proper credentials again. Click Next and the process should resolve the situation (Use existing database). It is not necessary to go back again to the web.config to change the settings from "false" to "true" as it will be changed automatically.