What is the process for repairing Patch Management 7.1 and 7.1 SPx MPx, 7.5.x 7.6.x, & 8.x?
Work through the following process to repair PM 7.1 and 7.1 SPx MPx, 7.5.x , 7.6.x , & 8.x:
- Log on the Notification Server with Application Identity Credentials
- Note: Windows Server 2008 no longer allows Session 0 as outlined on: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947723
- Go to Windows Task Manager > Users tab: 'ID' column may = 1, but the 'Session' column should show something like 'RDP-Tcp=0.'
- Go to Start > All Programs > Altiris > Symantec Installation Manager > Symantec Installation Manager.
- Highlight 'Altiris Patch Management Solution' and select the 'Repair' button.
- After the Symantec Installation Manager repair completes, move to Steps 3 and 4 for 7.1 and 7.1 SPx MPx, 7.5.x 7.6.x, & 8.0, or skip to the bottom for the Reconfiguring process for Patch 8.1.x
- Open CMD
- Set the prompt for the installed drive - default: C:\ (Ensure the installed drive matches the environment):
- Input: cd "Program Files\Altiris\Notification Server\bin"
- Should appear in CMD: C:\Program Files\Altiris\Notification Server\Bin>
- Input these configuration commands, following the path in CMD outlined in step 3, and run them one by one to reconfigure the product to the database (Ensure the installed drive matches the environment):
- AexConfig /Configure "C:\Program Files\Altiris\Patch Management\Core\Config\PatchManagementCore.config"
- AexConfig /Configure "C:\Program Files\Altiris\Patch Management\Windows\Config\PatchManagement.config"
Additional processes to run when the environment is utilizing ITMS 8.0 HF1 - ITMS 8.1 RU3:
- Run any remaining HotFix repairs for Patch Management via SIM as detailed in Step 2 above.
- Run the following CMD's as outlined from C:\Program Files\Altiris\Notification Server\Bin> as detailed for base product components in Steps #3 & 4 above, but for the hotfixes repaired via SIM detailed in Step #5:
AexConfig /Configure "C:\Program Files\Altiris\Patch Management\Core\Config\PatchManagementCore_Hotfix.config"
AexConfig /Configure "C:\Program Files\Altiris\Patch Management\Core\Config\PatchManagementWindows_Hotfix.config"
AexConfig /Configure "C:\Program Files\Altiris\Patch Management\Core\Config\PatchManagementLinux_Hotfix.config"
AexConfig /Configure "C:\Program Files\Altiris\Patch Management\Core\Config\PatchManagementMac_Hotfix.config"
Lastly, run the reinstall of all installed PointFixes, for all supported versions (7.5.x, 7.6.x and 8.0), for that will ensure that the final code modifications are implemented following the base & HotFix lay-down listed above.
Reconfiguring Patch Management 8.1.x:
- Open the Symantec Installation Manager
- Select the link: Repair installed products
- Select the link: Reconfigure installed products and click Next
- Enable the check-box for Altiris Patch Management Solution 8.1 and click Next
- Note: it will auto-enable for RU#
- Confirm the items to be configured in the list and click the Configure button
Note: This full process may take some time, depending on how many Software Update Policies are created and the performance of the NS and SQL Servers.