There may be situations where a full file scan is not desired. For example if an Inventory Policy is used to scan only the contents of a specific folder, a certain configuration has to be used in order to achieve this.
The following walk-through describes how to set this up.
- Select the Policy you wish to configure.
- Click the Advanced button.
- Click the tab labeled: File Property Scan Settings.
- Within that tab, click the tab labeled Drives.
- Remove all Drives from the include list. Leave the exclude list blank.
- Now click the Folders tab.
- Under the include section, add what directories/folders you wish to scan.
- Save the changes to commit the configuration.