What is the best way to cleanly uninstall the Symantec Management Agent to leave no remnants (or the bare minimum) behind?
Article ID: 180365
IT Management Suite
Client Management Suite
Server Management Suite
The following method has been shown by our Quality Assurance teams and in a few customer environments to be the best "sure fire" way to cleanly uninstall the Symantec Management Agent.
- Run the following 2 commands. It should be noted that some time needs to be given between the commands, depending on how you are scripting it:
- Aexagentutil.exe /uninstallagents
- Aexnsagent.exe /uninstall
- Both executables are located, by default at: C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\
- After these commands completely run (Usually take 2-3 minutes), make sure the folder Altiris Agent (Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\) is deleted. If not, delete it manually.
- Then delete the following registry keys if still present:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Altiris > Altiris Agent