After an unspecified hardware failure occurred, the Altiris database had to be restored from the previous day's backup. During the Notification Server repair process, the repair failed due to an incorrect SQL login password. The password was confirmed to be correct. How can this issue be resolved?
- Navigate to the \install directory\program files\Altiris\Notification Server\Config directory.
- Make a copy of the coresettings.config file and place it in a secure location.
- Stop all Altiris related services. For extra caution, you can stop the IIS Web traffic as well to minimize any processing or clients trying to connect to the server.
- Open up the coresettings.config file in the Config directory with Notepad.
- Find the line with the following information: <customSetting key="DbPassword" type="local" value="encryptedpasswordwillbehere" />.
- Remove the encrypted password between the quotes.
- Save the changes and restart the Altiris services. At this point you can run the setup: http://localhost/Altiris/NS/Install/NSSetup.aspx and select the existing database to finish the repair.