This article provides step-by-step instructions on how to add users to a PGP Virtual Disk.
The administrator of a PGP Virtual Disk can make it available to other users. Those users can access the volume using their passphrases or private keys.
Make sure the PGP Virtual Disk is not currently mounted, otherwise, you cannot add alternate user accounts.
Add Users to a PGP Virtual Disk
To allow additional public key or passphrase users to mount a PGP Virtual Disk, do the following:
- Open PGP Desktop.
- Click the PGP Disk control box then select the PGP Disk you wish to add a user to.
- In the User Access section of the Disk Properties, select a type of user to add.
User Key. To add users who authenticate with public-key cryptography:
- Click Add User Key. The Add Key Users box is displayed, displaying the keypairs currently on your keyring.
- From the Add Key Users box, select the key users you want by double-clicking the listing.
- Click OK when you are finished.
Passphrase User - To add users who authenticate with a passphrase:
- Click New Passphrase User. The Create New User dialog box is displayed.
- For each new passphrase user, type a name for that user, type a passphrase for them, then type the passphrase again to confirm.
- Click OK to create the passphrase user. If you want to authorize more passphrase users, repeat the process.