This article describes how to view the logs in PGP Desktop for Mac.
Viewing the PGP Log assists in troubleshooting a variety of PGP Desktop features including PGP Messaging and PGP Whole Disk Encryption.
To view the PGP log
- Do one of the following:
- Click the PGP Desktop icon in the Menu Bar and select Show Log from the menu. The PGP Log is displayed.
- Open PGP Desktop and select Windows > PGP Log. The PGP Log is displayed.
- The following options are available when viewing the PGP log.
- Logging level: You can select the logging level by clicking the arrow for Logging level to select the minimum information level of log entries you want to view: Info or Verbose.
- Find: Click Find to search the entries in the PGP Log. Enter the search terms and click Next.
- Click Save to save a copy of the entries in the log. Specify a file name, location, and format (the default is a plain text file) for the log file, then click Save.
- Click the red circle in the upper left corner of the screen to close the PGP Log window.