ALERT: Some images may not load properly within the Knowledge Base Article. If you see a broken image, please right-click and select 'Open image in a new tab'. We apologize for this inconvenience.
HOW TO: Create a PGP Self-Decrypting Archive in PGP Desktop 9.x
Article ID: 180155
This answer provides step-by-step instructions for creating a self-decrypting archive.
Create a PGP Self-Decrypting Archive
- Right-click the item (a file or folder) that will become the SDA, point to PGP Desktop, then click Add "<item>" to new PGP Zip...
- If desired, drag and drop more items into the large box, then click Next:
- Select the option labeled PGP Self-Decrypting Archive, then click Next:
- Create and confirm a passphrase, then click Next:
- Type (or browse to) a save location and file name, then click Next:
- When your PGP Zip is secure, click Finish:
- The result is a PGP Self-Decrypting Archive file that looks something like this: