This article describes how to enable / disable debug level logging for PGP Desktop 9.0.x running on Windows.
Turn on debug level logging in Windows:
- Open your registry editor to modify your system registy. (To do this press Start, Run and type regedit. Then press Ok.)
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\PGP Corporation\Universal.
- Create a new key called Debug.
- Right-click the right pane and click New > DWORD Value. Type LoggingLevel for the Name and press Enter.
- Right-click LoggingLevel and select Modify. Type f3f for the Value data and click OK.
- Right-click the right pane and click New > DWORD Value. Type PassthruMode for the Name and press Enter. Leave the Value data as 0.
- Right-click the right pane and click New > String Value. Type ReDirectExe for the Name and press Enter.
- Restart the PGP services.
- To turn the debug level logging back off, replace the f3f with 0 and restart the services again.
|Warning: Incorrectly editing the registry may severely damage your system. Before making changes to the registry, you should back up any valued data on the computer. For more information on backing up the registry see the following article on the Microsoft support site: How to back up and restore the registry