This article describes how to uninstall PGP Universal Satellite on Windows and Macintosh.
If you wish to remove PGP Universal Satellite, or if you are changing your future mail delivery preference back to Web Messenger or a new delivery preference of SMIME/Desktop, follow these instructions to uninstall.
Uninstall PGP Universal
- Click Start, click Settings, click Control Panel (the Control Panel opens).
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- In the list of programs, select PGP Universal, then click the Remove button.
- Click Yes to confirm the removal (restart the computer when prompted). If you do not intend to use PGP Universal Satellite at a later date and wish to remove the remnants, proceed with steps 5-14.
- After the restart, double-click My Computer, then double-click the (C:) drive.
- Double-click the Documents and Settings folder.
- Double-click the folder which corresponds to your login name.
- In the menu bar, click the Tools menu, then click Folder Options.
- Click the View tab.
- Inside the Advanced settings window, select the option which says Show hidden files and folders, then click OK.
- Double-click the Application Data folder.
- Double-click the PGP Corporation folder.
- Delete the PGP Universal folder (if prompted, click Yes to confirm the deletion).
|Note: This will remove any PGP Keys being used by PGP Universal Satellite as well.
- Close any folders or windows which are open.
- Click the PGP Universal system menu icon. This will appear as a small globe.
- Click About PGP Universal.
- Click Uninstall.
- After the removal process is complete, the system will alert you to click Quit to complete the removal.
- If you wish to remove any keys stored on the hard drive, these are located by default in Documents. Merely remove the PGP Universal folder.