pcAnywhere Solution does have a plugin for Macs. This is a host only install. QuickConnect (the ability to remote from) is not available for Mac with the solution.
Here are instructions for manually installing on a Mac:
Enable the root user:
- From the Apple menu choose System Preferences....
- From the View menu choose Accounts.
- Click on the lock and authenticate with an administrator account.
- Click Login Options....
- Click the "Edit..." or "Join..." button at the bottom right.
- Click the "Open Directory Utility..." button.
- Click the lock in the Directory Utility window.
- Enter an administrator account name and password, then click OK.
- Choose Enable Root User from the Edit menu.
- Enter the root password you wish to use in both the Password and Verify fields, then click OK.
- If you are logged in, choose Log Out from the Apple menu.
- If you are logging in from a list of usernames with pictures, click Other.
- In the Name field, type: root
- In the Password field, type the password you defined in the steps above.
Copy and execute the installation/host
- Copy the files from the server to your machine. You will want the entire folder NSCap\bin\Win32\X86\pcAMacAgent
- Open Terminal and change the folder to where you have the folders stored using the 'cd' command
- Run “sh Rollout_mac.sh –install”
- Ensure your agent has sent an inventory and has the pcA settings specific to your environment
- If your host doesn't start automatically:
- Open Terminal and change the folder to MacHD\opt\altiris\notification\SymantecpcAPlugin\bin
- Run 'thinhost' to start the host