How do I rename the SQL server's name after changing the computer name?
If you are changing SQL servers or just renaming it and the name is different and you want to still use the same Symantec_CMDB database, please consider the following:
- Make the change (either move to a new SQL server or change the existing SQL Server name) and make sure the name can be resolvable by your SMP (Symantec Management Platform) server.
- Open SIM (Symantec Installation Manager) and go to "Configure settings".
- Click on "Configure Database Settings"
- Under "SQL Server name:" make the proper name change.
- Make sure you select under "Database selection>Use existing" points to the desired database.
- Click "Next" and follow the next prompting. It will reconfigure your database to point to the new SQL Server name and update the necessary references.