Solution 1: Uninstall managed SEP client, reboot and install unmanaged SEP client using install routine from Symantec DVD or ISO image.
1. Logon SEPM management console, click Clients and build a new group
2. Move the SEP client to this new group
3. Edit the Liveupdate Settings policy, choose “create Non-Shared Policy from copy” , enter “Server Settings”, choose use a liveupdate Server.
4. Choose Advanced Settings->check “Allow the user to manually launch liveupdate” “Allow the user to modify Liveupdate schedule” “Download Symantec Endpoint Protection product updates using a LiveUpdate server” Then click “OK “ to save
5. Expand the Location-specific Settings, click on the “Server Control” ,change it to “Client control”. Ok to save.
6. After a while, right click on SEP client icon and update policy.
7. Click Start -> Run -> input command “smc -stop”
8. Locate to “C:\Program files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\”, use Notepad to edit the sylink.xml file, delete the content and save. Then the sylink.xml file will be a empty file.
9. Delete the sylink.bak and sylinkex.bak file in the same folder
10. Click Start -> Run -> input command “smc -start”