- This is a new machine and you want to make it as a package server machine.
- You already have a package server machine with all the packages downloaded
(for existing machines, you have to uninstall the Altiris Agent and then follow the steps)
1. Go to a good working Package server machine, stop the "Symantec Management Agent" service
2. On the packager server machine, copy the folder "\Altiris\Altiris Agent\Package Delivery" and all of its contents into a backup folder. (This folder should be found under ".\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent " ). After copying, remember to startup the "Symantec Management Agent" service .
3. Right-click on the backed up "Package Delivery" folder, search for all instances of 'snapshot.xml' and delete them.
4. On the new package server machine, install the Symantec Management Agent (aka Altiris Agent)
5. Push or manually install the agent to the computer. For manual install, navigate to
\\ns-server\nscap\bin\win32\x86\NS client package\ and run "Aexnsc.exe".
Upon completion, right click on the Altiris Agent icon, select Diagnostics > NS Web Config. Input the SMP Server name or IP and click "Update".
6. Either Push the Package Server Agent through Site Services or Pull the the Package Server agent by going to "\\NS Server\NSCAP\bin\win32\x86\PkgSvr Agent Package" and running "AeXNSCPkgSvr.exe". (Pushing will force the Package Server to verify the snapshot versions.)
7. Stop the "Symantec Management Agent".
8. Copy the "Package Server" folder (backed up in step 2) into ".\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\"
9. Start the "Symantec Management Agent" Service.
10. Wait and give the system time to catch up and work through re-establishing the PS in the Site Server configuration.
11. Run the NS.PackageRefresh Scheduled Task on the Notification Server.
To install into other drive,
change step 5 to