ALERT: Some images may not load properly within the Knowledge Base Article. If you see a broken image, please right-click and select 'Open image in a new tab'. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Configuring scheduled scans to run at randomized times in Endpoint Protection
Article ID: 179908
Scheduled scans have the option to be run at random times in Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP).
Mostly used in virtualized environments so that they do not all run scans at the same time.
To configure scheduled scans to run at randomized times :
- Policies menus, select Antivirus & Spyware then Add new one or Modify.
- Inner menus, select Administrator-Defined Scans then Add.
- Select Create a new scheduled scan.
- Then on the schedule tab, Tick Scan for up to and choose the duration frame.
- I advise also if using Virtualization tech to check Randomize scan start time within this period (...).