QuestionHow can I move a large number of clients to a different NS using the NS console?
The best way of moving clients to a new/different NS is the Altiris Agent Configuration policy, I have listed the necessary steps for you below.
Please note that the new NS must be on absolutely the same version of the product that the old NS was. This must be ensured prior to the move!
The steps to take are:
- Go to Configuration > Altiris Agent > Altiris Agent Configuration.
- Clone one of the Agent configuration policies in this area and give it a name that clearly indicates that this packet moves clients. This is to avoid accidental assignment in the future.
- In the Advanced Settings tick the box "Specify an alternate URL for the Altiris Agent to use to access the NS".
- Change the Server Name to the new NS.
- Adjust the Server Web to reflect the new NS.
- Assign the new policy to one client you want to move and test that it works.
- Test it again with 10 clients.
- Once you are satisfied that the clients show up fine on the new NS, you can use the policy to move more clients over.