How do I enable AClient or DAgent logging in WinPE PXE Automation?
- Open the PXE Configuration utility from the Deployment Server console.
- Select the WinPE boot menu that you would like to edit and click the Edit button.
- Click the "Edit Boot Image" button.
- When the "Altiris Boot Disk Creator - Edit WinPE Configuration" window opens, select the aclient.inp file under the Configurations section.
- On the right side of this window, look for the section that starts ;logfile=c. This is the section where logging is turned on.
- The log section looks like this:
;LogErrors=Yes | No
;LogInformation=Yes | No
;LogDebug=Yes | No
- This section needs to be edited to look like the following example:
- Change the location of the log from C:\ to F:\. (The drive letter F is usually the express share so the file will be saved to this location.)
- Change the LogSize to more than 10 MB.
- Remove the semi-colons as well as the "|" sign and the word No from the last three lines.
- Click the Next button and follow the prompts to re-create the WinPE Image.
The next time WinPE Automation is used, the AClient or DAgent will save a log file to the location you specified on step 7.
Remember to turn logging off again when troubleshooting is finished.