How do I move a Workflow database from one SQL Server to another?
The following steps describe how to move the Workflow "Ensemble" database from one SQL Server to another.
- Assure that the destination SQL server meets the necessary requirements.
- On the source SQL Server, using the SQL backup utility in the Enterprise Manager tool, backup the existing Ensemble database. Make a note of the location of the backup files.
- At a time when you are ready (meaning no users are using Workflow), stop the LogicBase services.
- Restore the backups collected in Step 2, to the destination SQL Server.
- Run the Workflow installation program, Symantec_Workflow.Solution.2009.exe.
- When you get to the database portions of the installation - make sure that you choose to 'upgrade an existing database'.
- Select the new location and credentials for the new database server and database.
- Complete the installation.
- Test - you should see your existing information back in Workflow.