The Symantec Management Agent properties, on the Software Delivery tab, shows a Status of "Not Compliant". What is this and how is it to be managed?
The Status of "Not Compliant" references a Managed Software Delivery policy's Compliance Settings. These configuration settings are found in the SMP Console at:
Manage > Policies > Software > All Managed Software Delivery
Select the desired Managed Software Delivery policy and double-click to see the configured policy rules and actions. From the Software tab select the targeted Software Resource and the Compliance Settings will be in the right-pane. When the Compliance settings are enabled (the "Perform software compliance check using:" option is checked), compliance is determined by the defined Detection Rule(s) for the Software Resource. The Detection Rules can be accessed through the hyperlink or through the SMP Console at:
Manage > Software > Software Catalog > Deliverable Software > Releases
NOTE: Software Resources that are Imported have the Detection Rules automatically created while those that are ADDed will require them to be manually defined
Two common reasons that Software Policies show up in the Agent Status as "Not Compliant" are:
1) Compliance checking has been enabled and no detection rules have been defined. A simple test is to enable a Detection Check:
- Go to Manage > Software > Software Catalog > Deliverable Software > Releases and select the package.
- Click the Edit pencil.
- Go to the Rules tab and in the Detection Rule settings, click New.
- On the left, click the blue Plus Icon (Add a new rule...) and select Standard Rule > Windows Language.
- Select English for the Language and click OK.
- Add any other rules desired but none are necessary
- Give the rule a name.
- Click OK.
- Click Save Changes.
2) Compliance checking has been enabled and the status is showing that Software Resource is not compliant with the defined detection rules