QuestionClient is missing policies and causing Software Updates to fail.
The following Policies will need to be checked and ensured they are configured as outlined:
- Software Update Plug-in Install Policy - Rolls out the Patch Agent Plug-in.
- Console > Settings > All Settings > Agents/Plug-ins > Software > Patch Management > Windows > Software Update Plug-in Install
- Ensure it is targeting the appropriate Filter of machines, that are to be updated through Patch Management, and have the Altiris Agent installed.
- Microsoft Vulnerability Analysis
- Console > Settings > All Settings > Software > Patch Management > Microsoft Settings > Microsoft Vulnerability Analysis Policy
- Targeting the appropriate Filter.
- Running 'Only if Changed' and Every 4 hours.
- Can be ran 'Always' and at a faster interval if the NS is able to handle the processes of the full Patch Inventory on each run.
- Microsoft QChain Install - Run the Policy Manually to refresh the package replication to the Clients.
- Console > Manage > Manage Jobs and Tasks > System Jobs and Tasks > Software > Patch Management > Download QChain
- Disable 'Only Download if Modified'
- New Schedule > Now