What permissions are needed for Patch Management 7.X?
Go to Console > Settings > Security > Account Management > Roles > Patch Management Rollout, and select the Privileges Tab.
- Add Users to the Memberships tab if the privileges are acceptable.
- Note the items selected on the Privileges Tab, for they can be transposed to another custom Security Role, and edit out any nonessentials.
View the Permissions of this role at Console > Settings > Security > Permissions.
- Set Role: drop down to show 'Patch Management Rollout'
- Set View: drop down to show the different portions of the console and set them accordingly
- Example: To view the Patch Dash:
- Go to Console > Settings > Security > Permissions:
- View: Console Menu: Enable 'Read' rights under Home; My Portal & Patch Management
- View 'Portal Pages' > Patch Management Dashboard Portal Pages > Windows Compliance; Enable 'Read' rights
- Note: 'My Portal' and 'Portal Pages' do not exist in later 7.1 SP1+ version as the path is Console Menu > Home > My Portal & Patch Management
- View KB HOWTO10814, for it outlines how to set up a custom view, and that can also be used to limit a user's ability to control items on the Console.