Instructions on how to create a WinPE automation partition that includes an image file that can be deployed from the automation partition.
1. Select a WinPE configuration in the Boot Disk Creator utility (found in the Deployment Server console under the Tools pull-down menu).
2. Right-click on the name of the WinPE configuration and choose Add File. You will need to add the first image .img file, the .imx file, and all other image files (the .002, .003, .004, etc.) as well as the RDeploy.exe imaging application (from ...\Program Files\Altiris\eXpress\Deployment Server\Rdeploy\Windows).
3. Expand the WinPE configuration by clicking on the plus sign (+) to the left of the WinPE configuration name.
4. Highlight the WinPE file called startup.bat and add the following on a new line under ":UserActions".
This command line will automatically run the RDeploy imaging application and allow the user to choose the image to deploy.
5. Right-click on the name of the WinPE configuration again and choose "Create Partition Installer". This will start the Create Installer wizard where you will choose the default settings except for the following items:
a. On Step 2 of 5, change the "Partition size in MB:" to a size large enough to include the WinPE operation system (at least 140 MB) plus the image.
b. On Step 3 of 5, select "Stand-alone boot" as the Boot Task Type so that no network connection is required. Take notice of the location of the installation package.
c. Step 4 of 5 will create the installation package for the automation partition. Since this installation package is a "Stand-alone boot", no network drivers or agents will be included and no network connections will take place.
6. Close the Boot Disk Creator utility and use a Distribute Software task in Deployment Server to push this automation partition installer package to a computer.