How do I create a service for Windows NT using Wise Installation System or Wise Script Editor in Wise Package Studio?
You can easily create services with your installation using Wise Installation System 9.x or Wise Script Editor in Wise Package Studio by using the Services page in Installation Expert. Use the following steps to add a service to your installation.
- Open Wise Installation System or WiseScript Editor in Wise Package Studio.
- Click the Installation Expert tab.
- Click the Files page link in the Installation Details group. Add the desired service (.exe) to the installation. For more information on how to use the Files page, press F1.
- To specify the .exe as a service, click the Services page link in the Installation Details group.
- Click the Add button. The Select File from Installation dialog opens.
- Select the file then click OK.
- To modify how the service is installed, select the service then click the Details button. The Create Service Settings dialog opens. For more information on how to modify service settings, press F1 while the Create Service Settings dialog is open.
Refer to your NT/Create Service documentation for further information about a particular service .exe.
To create a service, Wise uses the general windows API call Create Service.