What is the best way to change the IP address of the DS server?
You should check and change the IP address of the DS server in the following places:
- Change your aclient settings over to point to the new IP address (or the server's hostname if possible)
- Stop the Altiris eXpress Server, PXE Config Helper and PXE Manager services
- Change the IP information within these files in the eXpress share:
- Start the Altiris eXpress Server, PXE Manager and PXE Config Helper services (Note the order of start up)
- Change each PXE / Bootworks configuration to point to the new IP address (lmhosts file)