Execute Program from destination
Article ID: 179557
QuestionHow do I call an .EXE that already exists on the destination computer?
- Add the Execute Program from Destination custom action after CostFinalize.
- The Execute Program from Destination dialog appears. Fill in the following information:
Ensure that a condition is placed around the custom action so it will not run when the installation is removed from the machine. See example below:
- Custom Action Name: Enter a any name (something that will explain the custom action).
- Working Directory: Browse to folder that contains the .EXE on the destination computer. (Example: INSTALLDIR.)
- EXE andCommand Line: Enter an .EXE with path along and command line. (Example: [INSTALLDIR]TEST.EXE.)
If NOT Installed
Execute Program from Destination