Sometimes a full (clean) removal of Notification Server 6.0 is required, so how do I perform a clean uninstall of Notification Server 6.0?
Should the need arise, this guide details how to fully remove Notification Server cleanly. Remember to backup all data before running through this procedure.
- Backup your existing Altiris or AeXNS (this is optional, but recommended).
- Backup custom files: This includes Patches, Software Delivery packages, and any other customized files within your Notification Server installation. This does not include core program files.
- Stop any Altiris Service using the Services Manager
- Uninstall All Solutions, Notification Server, and the Altiris Agent from Add or Remove Programs. Do *not* remove the Wise Toolkit if it is installed. This may cause IIS from running correctly.
- Go into Regedit and delete the following keys if they still exist:
- HKLM > Software > Altiris and remove the keys: Altiris Agent, Communications, Scheduler, StartSoftwarePortal, StartCMS, Software Management, Patch Management, APackageStub.
- HKLM > Software > Altiris > Express and remove all keys except Boot Disk Creator, console, Winpk.log (these will exist if Deployment Server is installed).
- Delete the HKCR\Installer\Products\4E5A8049C67... key and any other keys that relate to Altiris including AppWeaver, Alert Manager, etc. (This will require you to explore the keys to find Altiris references, whether by Solution name or Altiris).
- Delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Userdata\S-1-5-18\Products\ any of the IDs that correspond to Altiris.
- Delete HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ any of the IDs that correspond to Altiris.
- Delete HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services any of the Altiris services.
- Delete the follow locations on the drive where Notification Server was installed:
- Install path\Program Files\Altiris\Notification Server
- From Windows: delete any Aex files in Winnt\System32
- From Windows: delete any MSI files in WINNT\Installer related to Altiris (Look at the MSI properties).
- Install path\Program Files\Altiris\Setup Files