The policy below will help with stopping emails without a subject or an email body. If you need to check both, do create individual policies for subject and body (good for reporting purposes). Or a single policy with two conditions pointing the same list with an OR statement, where the first condition is focused on body and the second on the subject.
Data Protection Location:
Access the Clientnet portal > Services > Data Protection
- Start a new Data Protection policy
- Name the policy, Monitor emails without a subject or body
- Apply to: Set to “Inbound mail only”
- Execute if: pick “All rules are met”
- Action: set it to “Log Only”
- Administrator email: Configure a non-production administrator email address, as in not a personal email.
The reason this must be non-production is because DP policy administrators are automatically whitelisted from all DP policies to avoid mail loops.
- Notifications: set it to “None"
- Add a new Rule
- Name the rule, Check email body-subject
- Set it to “ALL conditions are met”
- Add a new condition - Content Regular Expression List
- Click on “Create a new Regular Expression List”
- Name the list – Empty body-subject
- Here you’ll add the following entries to the list:
(this expression follows the same classification logic used by Microsoft Word to see words)
- Condition options:
- Email contains: a match for none of the regexes in the selected lists
- Case sensitive: No
- Look in: Subject or Body
- Matched text: Log Matched text
- Review and Save the policy