Install a license for Messaging Gateway for Service Providers (SMG-SP) on Linux
Article ID: 179076
Messaging Gateway for Service Providers
This is the process to install a license on SMG-SP.
- Connect to the linux server running SMG-SP. Either locally or with SSH (like putty).
- Login as root.
- Copy the .slf file to a temp directory (for example "/tmp/"). Using WinSCP (available free at winscp.org) is the easy way to do this.
- In WinSCP, use the SCP protocol and login as root.
- Locate the bmiconfig.xml file for your installation of SMG-SP. The default location is: "/opt/symantec/smg-sp/Scanner/etc/"
- Run command "/opt/symantec/smg-sp/Scanner/sbin/register.sh -l /tmp/<slf filename> -c /opt/symantec/smg-sp/Scanner/etc/bmiconfig.xml"
- (NOTE: Replace <slf filename> with the name of the slf file. Modify the path to match the path used in Step 3)
- When the process is complete you will see the response "Registration Successful. You may now continue." and be returned to a prompt.