Files are being detected as malformed by Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange (SMSMSE) and policy dictates they should be allowed by file name
To allow malformed files by file name
- Create the following String registry key (if it does not already exist):
- SPE 7.5.x: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Symantec\SMSMSE\7.5\Server\AllowMalformedFilesName
- SPE 7.9.x+: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Symantec\SMSMSE\7.9\Server\AllowMalformedFilesName
Note: This entry is case sensitive.
- Double click the registry entry to display the Edit String dialog box. In the Value Data box enter the value of the type of file or filename to be exempted. For example, to exempt files with the extention .PDF, the entry should look like this:
- You can add more than one value to this key. If you'd like to add additional values separate them from the existing value with a pipe (|) character. For example, to exempt files with the extension .PDF and .TXT, the entry should look like this: