To uninstall Symantec Protection Engine on Windows
- Log on to the computer as administrator or as a user with administrator rights.
- In the Add or Remove Programs Control Panel, click Symantec Protection Engine.
- Click Remove.
- Follow the instructions to complete the removal.
To uninstall Symantec Protection Engine on Linux
- Log in to the computer as root.
- At the command prompt, type the following command:
rpm -e SYMCScan
The uninstall of Symantec Protection Engine leaves files behind in the following location that can be removed if a clean removal is required:
- Installation folder (default location)
C:\Program File\Symantec\Scan Engine
- License files (default location)