End user settings determine whether members of a policy group can log into the Messaging Gateway (SMG) Control Center to set individual preferences for Good and Bad Senders lists and email language identification.
Configuring and enabling end user Good Sender and Bad Sender lists in Messaging Gateway (SMG) requires the following configuration steps:
- Configure a directory data source to perform Address Resolution and Authentication
- Configure the Spam Quarantine to allow users to authenticate and log in to the Control Center / Quarantine
- Configure the Policy Group to allow end user settings
Configuring the Directory Data Source
A directory data source that performs BCC Authentication and Address Resolution is required to enable end user settings. This data source provides the authentication mechanism by which users will log into the Control Center to manage their Good and Bad Senders lists and possibly language identification prefrences.
- Log in to the Control Center and select the Administration tab
- Select Directory Integration from the left hand column
- If no Directory Data Source exists for BCC Authentication or Address Resolution functions, click Add
- Provide a unique name for the data source
- Select the Directory type that matches your LDAP source (Active Directory, Active Directory Global Catalog, iPlanet/Sun ONE/Java Directory Server, Domino,Other)
- In the Host name field, enter the host name or IP address of the LDAP directory server
- In the Port field, enter the TCP port number used by your directory server if it is different than the default port
- Check SSL if a secured / encrypted connection is required
- Select the Administrator Credentials used to connect to the LDAP directory server, either Anonymous bind or specify an account.
- If using an adminstrator account to connect to the LDAP server, click Test Login to ensure that the credentials are valid
- Click Next
- Click Authentication
- Select either Control Center authentication only or Control Center and SMTP authentication
- Test the authentication and address resolution queries as needed
- Click Address Resolution
- Select either Email Scanning Only or Control Center Authorization and Email Scanning
- Test the address resolution query as needed
- Click Next
- Review the data source configuration
- Click Save
Configuring the Spam Quarantine
- Log in to the Control Center and select the Spam tab
- Select Quarantine Settings from the left hand column
- (Optional) Check Delete messages sent to unresolved email addresses
- (Optional) Check Enable Quarantine selection box
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the page
Configuring the Policy Group
- Select Policy Groups from the left hand column.
- Choose the group containing the end users for which you want to enable personal Good and Bad Senders lists
- Select the End Users tab
- (Optional) Check the Enable end user quarantine box
- Check the Enable end user settings for this group box.
- Check the Create personal Good and Bad Senders lists box
- (Optional) Check the Specify language settings box
- Select the Save button.