To create an application crash dump for Smart Connect, follow these steps.
- Create a folder called “dumpfolder” under the C:\ drive
- Open regedit.exe
- Got to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps
- If "LocalDumps" key does not exist, please create one.
- Right click on LocalDumps
- Go to New > Key and add new key called “SmartConnect.exe”.
- Create and Configure “DumpFolder” and “DumpType” keys under the new "SmartConnect.exe" key using the following attribute:
- Create a key called "DumpFolder", Type "String Value", Value = c:\dumplfolder
- Create a key called "DumpType", Type "DWORD (32-bit) value", Value data = 2, Base = Hexadecimal
If Smart Connect happens to crash, it will generate a dump file called SmartConnect.exe.pid. Once the file has been generated, open a case with support via the Symantec.Cloud Management Portal > Support tab > Support Ticket Center and add the evidence to the case.
It is recommended to back up your registry in Windows before making any changes. See the following Microsoft KB article: