Once you have downloaded the agentconfigure.xml, you must configure the following elements for your own environment.
- In a text editor, open agentconfigure-example.xml.
- Copy the License key that appears in the Tools > Downloads >Smart Connect section of the portal and paste it into the License Key section of agentconfigure-example.xml.
- By default, the Smart Connect listening port is Port 80. If you have any other services that already use this port, change the Smart Connect listening port in the Listening Port section.
- Also in the Listening Port section is the user_session_override. This is usually kept at the default of NO. If there is an issue such as an internal antivirus program that overrides the user name that is given, corrupting the header information, you can change this to YES.
- The Bypass List section contains the list of URLs that users can access without sending the request to the upstream proxy. Any requests to sites on the bypass
list go out on port 80, directly to the URL. By default, the Windows Update and Windows Update download URLs are listed, but disabled (commented out).
To include these sites in the bypass list, cut the --> line below </bypass_list> and paste it above <bypass_list>. You can also add any other sites to the
Bypass List that users must be permitted to access, but which have issues with authentication.
- The ON-LAN Proxy Servers section defines which proxy to use when a client machine is connected to your local area network (LAN). You need to edit this
section only if you registered your web routes with Web Security to define your LAN.
- If you did not register web routes, you do not need to do anything to this section. Smart Connect continues to protect users when they operate on LAN and when they are roaming.
- If you registered web routes, but you did not deploy a Client Site Proxy (CSP), enter the Web Security proxy hostname for your location between the <address> and </address> tags. Click here to view the list of proxies. Delete the IP address example, and move the ---> arrow above <upstream_proxy>, as shown in the following illustration.
- If you deployed a CSP to proxy all requests to Web Security while users are operating on LAN, enter the hostname or IP address of your CSP between the appropriate tags. Delete the other example, and move the ---> arrow above <upstream_proxy>.
- Save your customized Smart Connect configuration file as agentconfigure.xml (type: All Files) in the network share drive where you unzipped the installation package.