Question: How do I remove a vendor from patch management?
Answer: Work through the following steps:
- Open the Console > Home > Patch Management > MetaData Import Task (PMImport).
- Expand the 'Vendors and Software' segment.
- Locate vendor wanting to remove from Patch Management uncheck the unwanted vendors.
- Once the unwanted vendors have been unchecked enable the setting 'Delete previously downloaded data for vendors, software and languages that are now excluded' at the top of the page.
- Click 'Save Changes' near the bottom of the page.
- Click 'New Schedule' under 'Task Status' segment and enable the configuration to run 'Now' and click 'Schedule' to execute the PMImport now; otherwise, wait for the scheduled run to complete.
- The Patch Remediation Center should now display the appropriate vendors as desired for managing Software Updates.
- After Import has completed Run the Check Software Update Package Integrity Check with the setting 'Delete the updates that are no longer in use from the file system' enabled.
- Location: Console > Manage > Jobs and Tasks > System Jobs and Tasks > Software > Patch Management
- Suggestion: Schedule this to run no more than once a month, for this will put a heavy load on the SMP Server while processing
- Run the NS.Package Refresh to run on the SMP Server (default runtime overnight), for they will clean up the packages on Site Servers following synchronization.