Support has requested detailed logging to troubleshoot an issue.
- Download and extract Debugview.
- Set the Symantec Protection for SharePoint logs to verbose, click Save. (Central Administration > Symantec Protection 6.0 for SharePoint Servers > Log File settings)
- Set the event and trace logs to verbose on all categories, click OK. (Central Administration>Monitoring>Configure diagnostic logging)
- Start Debugview as Administrator.
- Configure Debug view to capture logging:
- Click "Capture" and confirm CAPTURE GLOBAL WIN32 is enabled
- Click "Options" and confirm "Clock Time & Show Milliseconds" are enabled.
- Reproduce the issue. Note relevant information such as date(s), time(s), filename(s), and error(s).
- File>Save As the Debugview log.
- Close Debugview.
- Collect the SharePoint logs. (Logs should contain data from at minimum one hour prior to the issue reproduction. See for details https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff463595.aspx
- Collect the Symantec Protection for SharePoint log. (default location is C:\Program Files\Symantec\SharePoint\Logfiles)
- Export the Windows Event Viewer Application and System logs as EVTX. (Logs should contain data from at minimum one hour prior to the issue reproduction.)
- Zip collected logs together. (If collecting logs from more than one sever, prepend server name to zip file name.)
- Upload the zip file to the case via MYSYMANTEC or alternate location as instructed by support.
Once data collection is complete revert logging levels in steps 2 & 3 to previous values.