To Install a Quad port 10g Fiber Bypass Network Interface Card (NIC) into an Advance Threat Protection (ATP) 8880
- Remove existing copper bypass NIC from slot 7. Store for contingency and testing purposes.
NOTE: Do not insert the existing copper bypass NIC into a different slot in the ATP8880 chassis. Inserting the existing copper bypass NIC into another slot on the same ATP8880 would introduce interrupt issues and cause re-installing the operating system to fail.
- Install fiber NIC in 8880 slot 7
- Re-image the device with the latest build iso
- Bootstrap the device
- Complete setup wizard and set to tap or inline
- Check interfaces eth4,5,6,7 are up
- Log into the command line of the ATP 8880 appliance as the admin account.
First two lines of Example output:
- If output of "
ifconfig" command does not include "
UP" in the first line and a Media Access Control (MAC) address in the second line, troubleshoot and resolve before continuing.
- Repeat "
ifconfig eth" with 5, 6 and 7.
Symantec has only tested ONE version of the 10G Fiber NIC:
- Silicom model PE310G4BPI9-SR, Quad port 10G Fiber Bypass SR
- Symantec has not tested any of the other variants of this card (LR, SRD, etc)
- Symantec does not sell the Fiber NIC, however customers may purchase it separately