You can download four optional software packages to supplement your Web Security.cloud services:
- Synchronization Tool (known as Schemus) - Automates the synchronization of your users and groups Active Directory data.
- Client Site Proxy - Enables information on users to be captured and passed to the Web Security Service to facilitate implementation of user and group level policies.
- Smart Connect Agent - Used with the Smart Connect roaming service and is a Microsoft Windows Service that dynamically discovers the endpoint computer's Internet connection environment and connects the user to the optimal Web Services infrastructure access point so that mobile users can safely browse the Internet.
Note: This download is only available if you have purchased the Smart Connect service.
- Symantec Web Security.cloud Root CA - Used with the Web Security service. Download this certificate and install it in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store of all browsers that use the service, before you activate HTTPS inspection for Web Security. This step ensures that your users do not receive a warning to indicate that the certificate was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.
Download software packages
To download a package:
- Log in to https://clients.messagelabs.com.
- Click Tools > Downloads.
- Download one or more software packages.
For the Synchronization Tool, download the package with JRE that is appropriate for your operating system.