How to change VIP User Name Attribute from sAMAccountName to userPrincipalName (UPN) in Symantec VIP?
Note : The suggested steps should be carried out during a scheduled maintenance window as user authentication may fail for some users during the process of updating user data in the VIP services.
The below steps will need to be follow to implement this.
1. Log in to the VIP Enterprise Gateway configuration console.
2. Click the User Store tab.
3. Click on Edit for the user store which you want to change.
4. Click on Search Criteria to verify the VIP User Name Attribute
IMPORTANT: Always perform an LDAP Sync simulation before doing an actual LDAP sync. The simulation.log (\VIP_Enterprise_Gateway\LdapSync\services\ldapSync\logs\) will indicate how many deletions, additions, and/or updates will be done when an LDAP sync runs. If necessary, adjust the filter and repeat until the desired results are achieved.
5. After changing sAMAccountName to UPN, do a run once LdapSync.
6. Once run once is completed, you can change the VIP User Name Attribute from sAMAccountName to userPrincipalName (UPN) as shown below:
7. To verify, click on the Test button as seen in above screenshot. It will show the VIP User Name as UPN. This is what the username will be updated to in the VIP Cloud.
8. After changing to UPN, perform another run once to sync all of the changes to the cloud.